Passed ICND2 today! 915/811

ps.89ps.89 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited February 2020 in CCNA & CCENT
Hey all,

Passed ICND2 today with a score of 915! I had 54 questions. 11 drag/drop and 2 simlets; one each for OSPF and EIGRP. I didn't have any sub-netting related questions, thankfully. I rushed through in the beginning for fear of not having enough time, but I actually finished the exam with 20 minutes left.
The resources I used:
-Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom
-CCNA Udemy course by Chris Bryant
-Packet Tracer labs Udemy course by David Bombal
-"31 Days" by Allan Johnson
-Boson ExSim
-Various notes from Reddit contributors (mainly the one from u/pokemonmasterchris05)
-Network Chuck, TE forums, r/CCNA for motivation

I think Boson ExSim was crucial to my success. The books gave me a lot of theory, but Boson ExSim made me realize that I really needed to focus on the small details (e.g. the MAC address format for HSRP version 1 is 0000.0C07.ACxx; version 2 is 0000.0C9F.Fxxx"). I was scoring between 71-75% on each exam for the first try. I don't think the Boson exams were incredibly more difficult than the real exam. I do think the Boson exams are graded much harder than the real exam, though. The Boson exams also had a good amount of questions that were not part of the ICND2 topics, which probably skews the grade.

Next up: deciding between learning some Python or going straight into CCNP.
2021 Year Goals: CCNP Enterprise Core; finish a Python video course

Comments

• DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Boson exsim is it for sure! I would study python, those who know how to code and script well are worth their weight in gold. But honestly it depends on where you’re at and what makes the most sense relevant to your situation should be pursued first. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • ps.89ps.89 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DFTK13 said:
    Congrats!!! Boson exsim is it for sure! I would study python, those who know how to code and script well are worth their weight in gold. But honestly it depends on where you’re at and what makes the most sense relevant to your situation should be pursued first. 
    Thanks! I always hear people say to go straight for CCNP, but I agree that it depends on where you're at. I currently work in a NOC, but it's very hands-off - - mainly escalating when we see alerts. I think I'd like to get some real networking experience before I start down the path of CCNP.
    2021 Year Goals: CCNP Enterprise Core; finish a Python video course