Options

Passed GDSA with 87% (6-Mar-20)

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
edited March 2020 in GIAC
Took SEC530 at the end of January and passed the exam yesterday. Got a 60% on the 1st practice exam and 70% on the 2nd. Sucks I was so close to making the GIAC advisory board, but oh well. 
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done mate. How was the course? Did you cover architectural topics like isolation, segmentation, access etc? 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    Thanks and yes that was all covered. Well-rounded course, but felt more like engineering than architecture. I provided feedback that I would like to see a SEC630 course that covers use cases on a higher level such as strategic placement. Still happy with the experience overall. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    I heard that too, that it’s not a fully fledged architecture course. I’ve been thinking to do this one or ISSAP but the latter doesn’t really have much value - at least from what I’ve seen or heard. Which pretty much leaves the GDSA. How was the exam? Did you find you had to do the labs to prepare as part of it?
  • Options
    The labs do help drive the concepts home, but I’ve had lots of on-the-job experience with the same topics so I didn’t rely heavily on them. 
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming. Hopefully I’ll get a work study placement in the summer.