Options

How do u study IT Exam knowledges during COVID19

ThadPVillaniThadPVillani Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
Recently, we have been greatly affected by the COVID19 epidemic. Many people cannot go out and must be isolated at home. How did you learn? Can you share your experience with us
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Luckily I completed the GDSA exam at the beginning of March before things really hit the fan here in NL. I started preparing for the AZ-500 immediately after, but I must admit it has been very difficult to concentrate with all that is going on. I sit in front of my machine with study material and the Azure portal to perform labs, but my mind just isn't there. I have been a cert machine for years, but now I cannot keep my mind on the material. I usually study during my daily commute via train, but I am working remotely until further notice. The fact that I am not required to complete this plus I've taken two other exams this year might also be factors. I am still going to keep trying to study since my Azure subscription expires soon and I can take the exam from home. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just finished CCNA and AWS CCP. Currently doing CSAA through Linux Academy. Feeling a bit burnt out too be honest. The wife is also sick of me studying all the time so I try and do it in the evenings. During the day I'll use the web app to try and get in an extra 15 min here and there.
    My motivation is how much I dislike help desk and the need for more money. With this whole Wuhan Corona virus thing happening I don't know what the future holds so I am trying to be as valuable as I can be.
    AWS / Pearson Vue has just allowed some online proctoring for other exams so that might help.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    itdept said:
     The wife is also sick of me studying all the time 
    Same here! This is why I try to limit myself to three certs per year and knock them all out in the same quarter.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    The wife is also sick of me studying all the time so I try and do it in the evenings. 
    I guess this is our beautiful curse for us married people lol
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The same way you learn before COVID-19?

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    KyloQuadrenKyloQuadren Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use ITPROTV, UDEMY and VMs as needed...depends on what you are studying honestly...Also took GCIH before this whole Colorado "stay-at-home" policy