Options

Need to do some quick certs/online courses related to IT Security

uchihadaveuchihadave Member Posts: 16 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited March 2020 in Certification Preparation
Hi everyone,

As discussed previously, I'm now pursuing CCNA/Security+. (Ultimately I want to do cybersecurity)

However, I realized that it may take too long for me to get either one of those certs.  Right now, I don't have anything related to networking/IT security on my resume and it would be too long until I pass either ccna/security+ to put on my resume. So, I may need to do some online courses/or some very short certs so that I can quickly put something on my resume (Even a "certficiate of completion" would be great or something smaller certs). 

Any suggestions? 
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can get lots of free and inexpensive training on Cybrary and Udemy. Both have courses that you can finish in less than a day.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So, I may need to do some online courses/or some very short certs so that I can quickly put something on my resume (Even a "certificate of completion" would be great or something smaller certs). 
    Not really sure how useful a certificate of completion is given that you can just sit through a registered course without learning anything and obtain that piece of paper. If you are placed in a position that has a hard requirement for that quick win then it makes sense, but that does not seem to be the case. I think you should just focus on your Cisco studies and then move on to other certifications that can compliment your current skills or something that actually targets the role(s) you are after.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS