SSCP degree requirement
I have a B.Sc in Computer Science from 13 years ago. It was a 3-year degree major in computer science back then. Just a plain old major in Computer science degree from the old days without any cybersec materials in it.
Am I eligible for SSCP cert?
Below is the quote I taken from their SSCP Website:
"One Year Prerequisite Pathway
1) The degree originates from a cybersecurity program which addresses cyber, information, software and infrastructure security topics within its requirements;
2) Is one of the following preapproved degree programs:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Information Technology [IT]
The list of preapproved degree programs will be updated periodically.
Verification of Work and Education Experience
Activities that do not relate to the domains of the (ISC)² SSCP CBK cannot be included in the reported number of years of experience. If non-qualifying activities are included, that experience will be deducted. Examples of proof of employment include employment contracts, letters, and other documents on company letterhead showing the dates you worked at the company/organization.
Experience and education is subject to random audit. Erroneous information will be referred to the ethics committee and could jeopardize your endorsement and certification."