Options

Just took 70-298 - Failed

chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wow, Just took the 298.
I had 5 scenarios with questions in each set - all timed in each testlet (as they call it)
I was expecting something like the Security+ it was nothing like it.

Oh well - on to 70-293.
Any words on what to expect?

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you did not pass. I have to take notice and say that you should concentrate on one exam at a time. I don't see why you are taking the 293 if you failed the 298. Why not study and practice where you went wrong on the 298 before attempting the next one?

By going into the 298 and expecting something like Security+ says a few things to me ...

1. You did not study for the exam.
    2. You did not really know what the objectives were that the exam was focussing on.

I don't mean to sound too blunt, but have you prepared adequately for the 293 exam and if so what are you using to prepare?

Good luck whatever you decide though.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Yeah what's up with that, you just failed the 290 yesterday.

Concentrate on one exam at the time. There's no way, unless you are very experienced in all the subjects covered, that you will be able to do all the exams in a row like that.
    Can I assume you're doing some course that teaches you all the stuff and then makes you take all the exams at the end?

If I were you, I'd wait on the 293 and indeed any other exams, or else you'll likely meet the same fate.
    witty comment
  • Options
    edembyedemby Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    also Microsoft still has there free re-take just til the end of june i believe. if thats the case, take advantage and re-take and save your vouchers.

and just study/focus on your weak areas
    icon_rolleyes.gif

ps. the free re-take applies to the states as far as i know