ECSAv10

scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
edited May 2020 in EC-Council
Hi all - Not sure if anyone is interested in knowing about the above cert. I figured that as it’s unlikely I will to go to SANS this year I wanted to understand something better than CEH in respect to attack paths etc. 

I know some of you hardcore testers frown upon EC-Council but honestly it was a really good course with lots of labs and up to date material. It’s been approved by UK gov for CHECK recently meaning it has some weight. 

There was a methodology to adopt for each aspect of testing - such as cloud, web apps, voip etc and the materially really brought things together. Good for me at least as I work mainly in risk/consultancy/architecture etc. 

I passed the exam last week. Well worth checking out. Naturally not comparing to a SANS or Offensive Security course as it’s not my main area of expertise I wouldn’t know but as this has been really updated and made relevant worth checking out.

There are 2 exam. A standard MCQ one and if you want a 12 hour practical test based on CTF. The former was suffice for me based on the work I do.
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments