Options

vbs scripts..actually building them???

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
jsut wondering if anyone has been asked anything in detail with VBS scripts... the Trancender I'm suing for practice questions

has actually had me build scripts in the sims IE. here is the code... drag and drop lines 1 through 8 in the correct order.

is this something anyone has seen on the certs??

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did not see any on my exam.

More than that though, if your goal is to become an Administrator, then learning how these scripts work is very good information. I use them all the time for users where I work.

Here is a great resource to know what they are and how to build them.

Just to be clear, you don't need to be a pro or an expert programmer to know what is going on, just a little researching.

Good luck!
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    thanks for the info

I actually used the site to build scripts to creat a few hundred object in my final project for school.

the practice quesion on my trancender jsut through me for a loop when it wanted things set up line by line

I'm alot better at reading and decifering code than I am at wrting the code

I have some VB and SQL exp but it;s been a while and even took a course in C

scripting is definately my weak point (not dsadd,dsmod) so it is sometihng I plan to learn as I work my way up.
  • Options
    trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Smallguy wrote:
    thanks for the info

I actually used the site to build scripts to creat a few hundred object in my final project for school.

the practice quesion on my trancender jsut through me for a loop when it wanted things set up line by line

I'm alot better at reading and decifering code than I am at wrting the code

I have some VB and SQL exp but it;s been a while and even took a course in C

scripting is definitely my weak point (not dsadd,dsmod) so it is sometihng I plan to learn as I work my way up.

I'm not a programmer but I have a lot of experience using VBA in MS Access which has a good IDE. Writing those vb scripts in notepad is a lot harder because its not color coded and the interpreter is not as strict(more chances for bugs). Another thing that I have a hard time on is remembering all the methods and properties for the different objects. I find the online MSDN is a valuable tool for such things. Oh also check out w3schools.com.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I did have that kind of question in the 70-292 test, so get a bit of a feel for it. I did think that was an unfair question, especially when I used the MS training kit for it and scripts were mentioned as being usable for automation, but not even examples of a common script was shown.

Still, it seemed possible to figure out using a bit of common sense.