Options

Do I need to assign IP address on an IP unnumbered int.

chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
Just want to know if I need to assign an ip address when I issue the command IP Unnumbered, I know it's only work in Point to Point.

Comments

• Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    chinaman wrote:
    Just want to know if I need to assign an ip address when I issue the command IP Unnumbered, I know it's only work in Point to Point.
    5 seconds...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e8d.shtml
  • Options
    chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
    Nice, cooooolllllllll
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    I must say that you all going after your CCNP need to learn how to do a search at cisco.com for what you need. When going after a professional level exam, you should be adept at searching for answers on your own.

If you ever find a job as a network admin/engineer, you will be expected to know how to do some research. I'm frankly amazed at the questions asked here sometimes that could be answered by a web search faster than the time it takes one to ask a question in this forum and receive an answer.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I totally agree, and i dont understand why these questions are asked in the CCNP forum.Just because a member passes the CCNA its doesnt mean all posts from that time on should be in the CCNP forum.
    The way things are going this will just be another CCNA forum, probably i will stop answering these type questions and only answer CCNP level questions here.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    www.cisco.com is your friend, add it to your bookmark list chinaman!!!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    At some point.... late CCNA (if you have higher asperations) or early CCNP (like now icon_lol.gif ) you should start visiting the Documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/public/support/tac/documentation.html

or the old one

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

Using the first link -- the IP section under the Networking Technology section sounds like it could be helpful for BSCI (or routing for the CCNA). The LAN Switching sounds like it could be useful for BCMSN (and switching for the CCNA). And the WAN section sounds like it could be useful for BCRAN (and the WAN portion of the CCNA).

And there lots of other good topics to poke through if you ever get bored -- like the command and technical reference manuals for some of the hardware you might use in a CCNP Lab (Product and Support Documentation).

Plus -- its good practice if some day you decide to go for the CCIE. I'm spending lots of time in it now -- since in the lab you don't get to use the search function.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At some point.... late CCNA (if you have higher asperations) or early CCNP (like now icon_lol.gif ) you should start visiting the Documentation.

Agree mikej412 icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

cheers...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.