Passed GPEN and GCIH
I successfully passed the GPEN (passed on May 26) and GCIH (passed on June 19) within a month of each other.
Due to the pandemic, I was able to schedule both of my exams through Proctor-U, which was a smooth process and had no issues with the remote proctor.
Below was my study plan for the GPEN/GCIH
- Wrote a 250 page index for GPEN, and a 225 page index for GCIH.
- Studied an hour per day for 4 weeks for GPEN and GCIH.
- Practiced each lab up to 10 times.
- Passed the 4 practice tests.
- Attended the elearnsecurity's ECCPT course (practiced each lab 10 times) and exploited 30 machines in hackthebox.
- Reviewed EC-Councils ECSA book.
- Reviewed EC-Councils C.E.H. book.
- Read Hacking Exposed 7.
- Read Basic Security Testing with Kali Linux 2.
Do not listen to anyone that said these were easy exams because I felt like they were the hardest certifications open book exams that I have taken even with a detailed index.
I am going to take a break before tackling the following certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Cloud Practitioner, CCSK