Options

Cissp exp

capiocapio Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello. 

I was a firefighter for 5 years and now I am a cybersecuriry engineer, 2.5 years

Could I get some years of experience from the firefighter job to count as the cissp exp requirements. 

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first thing I would do is look at the eight domains and see if anything you did as a firefighter would be covered under those domains.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    capiocapio Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello yes some. Like phisical security, fire alarms and incident response. In the case of incident response it was a different kind of incident don't know if it counts 
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    The CISSP work experience requirements do not specifically indicate that only "professional information security" work experience is acceptable, so maybe some aspects of firefighter training that appear in the official CISSP domains study materials would qualify. However, the (ISC)2 is the final arbiter of what work experience is acceptable for their certs, so you will need to ask them.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @JDMurray ...I was going to say something along those lines in my response but couldn't quite formulate it at the time. Thank you for articulating what I wanted to say!

The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    JohnGrahamJohnGraham Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just to clear the misconception, the experience does not necessarily have to be as a cyber security professional. If your job involves handling at least 2 of the 8 CISSP domains, then it can be partially counted towards your total experience. For instance, a network admin who also handles Asset Security and Network Security for say 6 years, can have it counted as around 2-3 years.