Options

Google announces 100,000 scholarships for online certificates in data analytics, project management

UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
The tech giant has committed to funding 100,000 need-based scholarships for individuals enrolled in any of these career certificate programs and will be awarding over $10 million in grants to YWCA, NPower and JFF — three nonprofits that partner with Google to provide workforce development to women, veterans and underrepresented Americans.

Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice find! The project management and data analytics certs sound decent. I'd be a bit reluctant to learn UX from Google though.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks @UnixGuy for posting this.....   Sounds like it's designed for freshers or career changers.  Not that, that's a bad idea, sounds great.  I put myself on the list just to see the syllibus once it comes out.  

Thanks again.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    The interesting thing is that the certs will be counted as the equivalent of a 4 years university degree. We will be seeing more of this in the future as more universities go online, the education sector is well and truly disrupted.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    AzazelloAzazello Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy said:
    The interesting thing is that the certs will be counted as the equivalent of a 4 years university degree.
    The article doesn't explain it properly, but what it means is that Google will consider these (Google-funded) certs as degree-equivalents for Google job vacancies.

I like this idea, as Alphabet Inc. is typical of most companies that discriminate against non-degree candidates. (Tech companies are the worst offenders.)

I wish more companies followed this initiative. Even if they linked their hiring to training they funded or invested in.