study material for 200-301

sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I'm currently using a udemy course for studying for this cert. 

https://www.udemy.com/course/ccna-complete/

Could anyone who's taken the test suggest any other reading/studying material for preparing for this exam? 

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I took the old test back in Feb. You can basically always rely on Wendell Odom. He puts out a book every couple years. David Bombal is also on Udemy and I used his course but you should be fine using Neil Anderson's.
    I used Boson practice tests as well but only did 3 because I ran out of time but everyone recommends them.
    I also watched Jeremy's videos from CBT Nuggets. He always manages to inspire me to keep studying when I don't feel like it.
    I used a home lab and packet tracer. You can get by with just packet tracer.
  • sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    I took the old test back in Feb. You can basically always rely on Wendell Odom. He puts out a book every couple years. David Bombal is also on Udemy and I used his course but you should be fine using Neil Anderson's.
    I used Boson practice tests as well but only did 3 because I ran out of time but everyone recommends them.
    I also watched Jeremy's videos from CBT Nuggets. He always manages to inspire me to keep studying when I don't feel like it.
    I used a home lab and packet tracer. You can get by with just packet tracer.
    Cool! So I should be fine with Neil’s course and Boson practice tests? I did take most of this content back in school a few years back. Some of the content has changed but lots is the same and it’s kind of just a refresher, with some new content. 
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think there is 15% new content and some things like BGP and EIGRP dropped. The exam blueprint will guide you. If you have current experience and you have down the basics you should be fine. I also used www.subnetting.net so I was pretty handy at being able to look at an IP address and know how to answer question quickly.

• sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    I think there is 15% new content and some things like BGP and EIGRP dropped. The exam blueprint will guide you. If you have current experience and you have down the basics you should be fine. I also used www.subnetting.net so I was pretty handy at being able to look at an IP address and know how to answer question quickly.

Awesome thanks for the advice. Yeah I’ve been using that subnetting site as well. I have the subnetting down pretty good! 
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I purchased David Bombal's Udemy course, the Wendell Odom OCG book, and for extra labs, Paul Browning's 101 Labs book.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me