Options

CBT training and organization

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
edited August 2020 in Educational Resources
Kind of a weird title.  I find myself more and more using CBT to learn, from anything to programming languages to Microsoft applications.  When doing so I find myself taking in a lot of information.  Mostly it's okay, however in some situations I would like to go back and reference what I learned.  

I am just curious what strategy do you use for this, or do you do something else?  For instance, I am building one of the hospitals I support and fairly detailed Access database.  I have gone through several UDEMY courses to learn more around the networking side of Access and automation.  Well.....   I may need to go back sometime to review if I forget something or something similar comes up.  I've ran into other situations using Python, Powershell even some SQL which I have a ton of experience.  With books it's easy I just store them in a corner and I can grab reference and go forward.  But with less and less books and more and more CBT's I am losing structure lol.

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I type my notes up in Google Docs.  For certs I tend to put my notes in a folder that is named after that particular certification.

For PowerShell I just have a folder on my computer with scripts I’m working on and just keep comments within the script.  I’m thinking about creating a snippets folder where I keep individual files that have pieces of code that do certain things for quick reference instead of having to dig through old scripts like I do now.