Preparing for A+ to pass next time

ReymuReymu Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just joined. I'm still fuming from not passing the A+ 1001 yesterday (3rd fail in row). For context, I work full-time (2nd shift, weekdays) as IT analyst/CSR hybrid. Studied for this exam fairly on and off for 3 months using Mike Myers' A+ 1001 series book and Udemy videos. Was pretty sure yes, see the term, I'll at least know the one or two likely answers, should be ok.

As you probably guessed, failed. Zero feedback from Pearson as to the A+ exam objectives that need reviewing (when took it prior to last time, got feedback, which didn't use cause idiot at the time). The exam was significantly harder than the CompTIA practice exams.

What resources helped you pass A+, and why? I'm a hands-on learner, can learn somewhat from lectures. Specifically want practice exams or something that 1) always has feedback what exam objectives or materials I need to review and 2)  is same difficulty as the actual exam.

At present, I'm looking at Prof. Messor
CompTIA's "powerful A+ certification exam prep" (forum won't let me post links yet)
aplus-certification-training-com site
gratisexam, comptiaexamtest, and crucialexam sites
KISSTHETECH's YouTube channel

Appreciate any assistance. Aiming at between 2-4 chapters' day, but unsure about the burnout part given full-time job.

Comments

• davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Reymu said:
    Just joined. I'm still fuming from not passing the A+ 1001 yesterday (3rd fail in row). For context, I work full-time (2nd shift, weekdays) as IT analyst/CSR hybrid. Studied for this exam fairly on and off for 3 months using Mike Myers' A+ 1001 series book and Udemy videos. Was pretty sure yes, see the term, I'll at least know the one or two likely answers, should be ok.

As you probably guessed, failed. Zero feedback from Pearson as to the A+ exam objectives that need reviewing (when took it prior to last time, got feedback, which didn't use cause idiot at the time). The exam was significantly harder than the CompTIA practice exams.

What resources helped you pass A+, and why? I'm a hands-on learner, can learn somewhat from lectures. Specifically want practice exams or something that 1) always has feedback what exam objectives or materials I need to review and 2)  is same difficulty as the actual exam.

At present, I'm looking at Prof. Messor
    CompTIA's "powerful A+ certification exam prep" (forum won't let me post links yet)
    aplus-certification-training-com site
    gratisexam, comptiaexamtest, and crucialexam sites
    KISSTHETECH's YouTube channel

Appreciate any assistance. Aiming at between 2-4 chapters' day, but unsure about the burnout part given full-time job.
    OK, first let me state...I have 2 (two) valid A+ certifications (one CE) a Network+ and Security+ (also CE).  I also have several other certifications from Microsoft and others, because various jobs required them.  For all four of my CompTIA certs, the only resource I used was Michael Meyers, book or udemy.  Practice tests from Total (Michael Meyers) aim for 90% or better on practice tests...