Options

do I've to study w2k server also for 70-210

bubblebubble Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
As the subject mention above do i've to know abt it also before sitting for the exam? is there any questions coming from that side also? Earlier when i di my mcse they tld me i've to study both corses first then can take the first exam. So is that theroy is still apply? I'd like to straightly study w2k pro and do the exam rather than looking at the server side. need your comments.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi, welcome to the forums,

I studied NT 4 workstation and the server exam before I took the actual exams, for the same reason. And did it again with 2000, even took the server exam before the 210 professional exam... but, I don't think it is necessary anymore if you use the right study material. The server related questions are more like: an admin (who passed the server exam ;)) created a shared printer on a server running IIS, for 210 you have to know how to connect to it using an url, for example. Another example, if a server admin created a share with X and Y permissions, what would be the effective permissions. A server (215) question would be more in a form like: you want userA and departementB to have access to Share1, how would you set the permissions.

Use the exam objectives listed at the MS site as your study companion and you should do fine without having to dig into too many server details.