Options

Mailbox Problem

I cant understand this problem and was wondering if anyone knew an answer? Also i`m new to Exchange which does`nt help!!

I have set up user mailboxes in my test domain and all seems to working fine apart from just one user who got an error saying her mailbox was full even though her email was only 1MB? how can this be when all other users were set up the same way?? I have noticed that even though the user has nothing in the trash folser or deleted items folder that when i drill down to her mailbox on the server it states she has 31 items???? How do i get rid of these items??

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    On Exchange 5.5 there is an option under tools to clean a users mailbox. Not sure on E2K3 because I have not used it yet. One thing I have seen happen is when another user sets up forwarding (copies sent to another user). If a message is sent to the original user marked as "private", the email gets delivered to the second user (via forwarding) but is invisible to that user even though it is taking up space in the mailbox.
    Just some random thoughts to maybe help point you in possible ways to trouble shoot. Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    allylaurenteallylaurente Member Posts: 131
    Right click the mailbox in outlook, then properties then folder size. You can see the details of size per folder and the total size of the mailbox.

Check also in the user properties in AD>Exchange General>Delivery Restriction or Storage limits if ther is a receiving limit for this user.
    "...don't wait for miracles, be the miracle" - Bruce Almighty
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504