Options

Passed CISA on my first try

GoldmannGoldmann Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited January 2021 in ISACA
I am grateful to have passed CISA on my first try on Dec 29th 2020. 
It was the most straightforward ISACA exam I have sat for so far, having earlier passed the CISM and CRISC.

I found it much easier than CISM and CRISC. The questions were much clearer and I found that I could pick out my answer after just the first read. 

I used the CISA videos on Cybrary, Hemang Doshi's short/summarized YouTube videos and the online ISACA Q&A database. I skimmed through the CISA AIO targeting my weak areas (especially domains 4 and 5). Make sure you are scoring well over 80% or better still in the mid 90% range on the online ISACA Q&A database prior to sitting.

You have to understand the material and the key or core auditing concepts to pass this exam. You must know what an Auditor should do in every situation and understand the meaning of the terminologies and how they apply within the scope of auditing. 

Good luck to all prospective Candidates. It is certainly very doable. If I could pass on the first try, so can you.

Comments

• Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Goldmann said:
    It was the most straightforward ISACA exam I have sat for so far, having earlier passed the CISM and CRISC.

I found it much easier than CISM and CRISC. The questions were much clearer and I found that I could pick out my answer after just the first read. 

I used the CISA videos on Cybrary, Hemang Doshi's short/summarized YouTube videos and the online ISACA Q&A database. I skimmed through the CISA AIO targeting my weak areas (especially domains 4 and 5). Make sure you are scoring well over 80% or better still in the mid 90% range on the online ISACA Q&A database prior to sitting.

You have to understand the material and the key or core auditing concepts to pass this exam. You must know what an Auditor should do in every situation and understand the meaning of the terminology and how they apply within the scope of auditing. 

Good luck to all prospective Candidates. It is certainly very doable. If I could pass on the first try, so can you.
    huge congratulations!

This cert among that I'm looking for last year or this year but I'm worried about the timeline to prepare. How long you spent for CISA after complete the CISM. I found this on youtube - Webcram about interrelated CISM & CISA and should be taking both. Do you think QADB is the main important resource too? (:( pricey)

• Options
    edited January 2021
    rasli79 said:
    Goldmann said:

You have to understand the material and the key or core auditing concepts to pass this exam. You must know what an Auditor should do in every situation and understand the meaning of the terminology and how they apply within the scope of auditing. 

huge congratulations!

This cert among that I'm looking for last year or this year but I'm worried about the timeline to prepare. How long you spent for CISA after complete the CISM. I found this on youtube - Webcram about interrelated CISM & CISA and should be taking both. Do you think QADB is the main important resource too? (:( pricey)

Thanks Buddy!
    That video on webcram is apt and spot-on. I was adviced by a veteran to take them close together if I could. There are several overlaps between CISM and CISA. My opinion looking back is that I did myself a huge favor by taking the CISA shortly after taking the CISM. After the CISM, I was convinced I had assumed the ISACA management mindframe. I therefore took the CRISC a month later successfully and CISA a month thereafter.

About the QADB, its an invaluable resource. Depending on how you use it, it can really get you familiar with some question structures. I think it's worth every cent if you can afford it. Go hard! You'll ace it.

Waiting to offer you my congratulations.
  • Options
    Goldmann said:
    rasli79 said:
    Goldmann said:

huge congratulations!

Thanks Buddy!
    That video on webcram is apt and spot-on. I was adviced by a veteran to take them close together if I could. There are several overlaps between CISM and CISA. My opinion looking back is that I did myself a huge favor by taking the CISA shortly after taking the CISM. After the CISM, I was convinced I had assumed the ISACA management mindframe. I therefore took the CRISC a month later successfully and CISA a month thereafter.

About the QADB, its an invaluable resource. Depending on how you use it, it can really get you familiar with some question structures. I thin kits worth every cent if you can afford it. Go hard! You'll ace it.

Thanks mate!

Sure, go hard!
    I still remember when I was on my CISA courses & exam - 10 years back in a high school exam sitting style. 
    Looking forward to reviewing your suggested CISA materials.

Cheers

• Options
    rasli79 said:
    Goldmann said:
    rasli79 said:
    Goldmann said:

huge congratulations!

Thanks Buddy!

About the QADB, its an invaluable resource. Depending on how you use it, it can really get you familiar with some question structures. I thin kits worth every cent if you can afford it. Go hard! You'll ace it.

Thanks mate!

Sure, go hard!
    I still remember when I was on my CISA courses & exam - 10 years back in a high school exam sitting style. 
    Looking forward to reviewing your suggested CISA materials.

Cheers

Cheers!
    Waiting for your feedback once its done and dusted.
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done. The CISA was the most enjoyable one I did, probably because I could relate to it so much. I only used the Q&A to prepare - over a couple weeks.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Goldmann said:

You have to understand the material and the key or core auditing concepts to pass this exam. You must know what an Auditor should do in every situation and understand the meaning of the terminologies and how they apply within the scope of auditing. 

You bad ass!
  • Options
    scasc said:
    Well done. The CISA was the most enjoyable one I did, probably because I could relate to it so much. I only used the Q&A to prepare - over a couple weeks.
    I concur. Congrats!
    The opposite of all the frightening stuff I read and heard about the CISA exam before actually studying for it and having my personal experience. That fright probably played into my study plan and preparation.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Goldmann said:

You bad ass!
    Au contraire! Me, good ass!  :D
    Cheers! 
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Awesome. What's next on the agenda?
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    scasc said:
    Awesome. What's next on the agenda?
    Preparing for the CISSP at the moment. 
  • Options
    scasc said:
    yeah, I just run through some of the sample questions - other than scenario-based questions, it looks more straightforward. Other than the official QADB from ISACA, are you using Q&A from other sources?