Options

CCNP recertification.

pdjhhpdjhh Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I've left my recert pretty late, I've got to complete by Monday 3 July.. I'm pretty much ready for the MLS exam but haven't started on the other one. Just wondering if the composite is a better option than doing two.. I thought it was too much to remember in one hit so decided to do both seperately. Cisco says you have to wait 5 days before re sitting but the guy at Prometric just told me it was actually 72 hours, anyone know who's right? I also thought of a way around this delay as I;ve only got a few days and might fail one of the exams. By hopefully passsing the switching tomorrow then sitting the composite on Friday. If I fail that then I can book the BCMSN for Monday getting round the 5 day rule cos it's a different exam. That should give me two cracks at it within the five days. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have to wait 5 days -- so you've got one attempt at each exam before your CCNP expires.

If you fail the first exam you take, then you have to take and pass the composite exam to recertify. I do see your logic with taking the composite 2nd.... if you pass BCMSN, then you'd get a fewer BSCI type questions on the composite. But unless you do really well on BCMSN, I think the composite has fewer questions from each topic, but harder questions -- you run the risk of failing the switching part.

I'd save the composite for next Monday... and do BCMSN tomorrow and BSCI on friday.

The CCIE written exam will also recertify your CCNP -- so that is another option.

Either way -- waiting to the last minute could get expensive. icon_eek.gif

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Do you think the questions are harder in the composite? There's easy and hard in all the exams I suppose and they'd probably skip those more obvious ones in the composite, they're probably still from the same question pool though don't you think? You're right about leaving it late but that's how I operate unfortunately, I might get stung and have to redo the lot.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pdjhh wrote:
    they're probably still from the same question pool though don't you think?
    I've wondered about that -- but since I never took a composite, I could only guess....

Focus on BCMSN, that should be your first goal. At least it would update your CCNA so you wouldn't have to do that over -- just in case. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I rang PRometric again to double check this gap between re-sits. The next person told me it is definately 5 calender days. The first person must've made a mistake he said as the waiting period used to be 72 hours before it changed to 5 days. Will see how I go.