Options

Greetings from this rookie

NetrunnerEdgeNetrunnerEdge Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
A hello to one and all on this forum. I am here to learn cybersecurity and any opportunities available. My focus is to learn and expand my skills while simultaneously attend exams (preferably with no entry free) and hopefully be good at what I love someday.
Here is my question:
Does anyone have any free course or something similar they can recommend?( Preferably something that gives hands on experience with different tools of the craft)
Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    There is a lot of free IT learning on YouTube. You can download free tools (Linux, VirtualBox, Visual Studio, etc.) to create your own home lab, and get free subscriptions to Cloud services (AWS, Google, Azure) to learn how they work. Unfortunately, free-of-charge exams is not something that I am aware of. I think a certification that is free would be more of a sales tool and not be considered of much real value anyway. For certifications exams to be free to you an employer should pay for them instead of you.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome aboard.

As @JDMurray said, there is a lot of free ressources on the web. I will point you to another one. INE is a training partner who offer training for eLearnsecurity certification. There is a free tier subscription called the Starter Pass. this pass allow you to all the training required for the eJPT (eLearnsecurity Junior Penetration Tester), even the labs are included. You only pay for the exam (online and hands-on), the cost is 200$ USD. Whatever you do the exam or not, the training is great.