Options

Is linkedin premium worth it?

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited June 2021 in Networking
I've read some opinions that it's worth it, but I have a tough time justifying $30 a month when I'm not actively looking for work.  Maybe if it was $30 a year, I might consider signing up, but $30 a month? That's as much as my Cell phone bill and I use that a LOT more than LinkedIn. I feel it's WAY over priced for what they are offering. Any opinions?

If i were to bite the bullet and sign up.  I only would do so if I found myself in a position I needed an employment opportunity. Assuming other avenues failed to yield favorable results. Than once I landed another job, I'd cancel the service, until the next time I needed it. Given the demand for my experience and skills, I think my resume listed on any of the job search sites, would produce so many leads, I'd need to hire a bodyguard to for protection against the horde of recruiters. 
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've felt the same way...it's TOO expensive IMO.  I have tried their 30 day trial but really didn't see any additional benefits that actually helped me.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I think the LinkedIn Premium service is most useful to people advertising/marketing on LinkedIn and not so much for ordinary job seekers--especially in the current cybersecurity job market. As you said @TechGromit, "hordes of recruiters" abound there.

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree it's pretty high, I have not tried it personally but I can't think of a valid reason to upgrade. Doesnt seem like a service we need the recruiters will find us regardless of if we have Premium.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used only when was going to move the job. Courses are nice add-on but not worth this money
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    trojin said:
    Courses are nice add-on but not worth this money
    Does LinkedIn Premium also include access to LinkedIn Learning or is that always a separate subscription?

• Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    trojin said:
    Courses are nice add-on but not worth this money
    Does LinkedIn Premium also include access to LinkedIn Learning or is that always a separate subscription?

Yes, include LinkedIn Learning 
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore