Pentest+ 2 Beta

GeekyChickGeekyChick CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Sec+, SplunkMember Posts: 322 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone signed up and taken the new Pentest+ Beta exam? I have my exam scheduled for 26 JUN. I'm studying for the OSCP so I'm using that for Pentest+ prep. I'm trying to find sample exam questions that are the most similar to the actual exam. Does anyone have suggestions? 

I took the Pentest+ v1 Beta a few years back and failed. I would like to pass this time. :smiley:

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,260 Admin
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Sec+, Splunk Member Posts: 322 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    Have you seen this discussion?
    Thank you JD. That's good info. They didn't mention sample questions to use for exam prep, but as I remember from the first Beta Pentest+ it was heavy on nmap. I didn't study one bit for the first one, but I am for this one.
  • trojintrojin tecnomancer IRLMember Posts: 224 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sat already, exam was a pain. I'm afraid I won't pass at this time. But I did not prepare at all
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

40+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arkadiusz-s/

• JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,260 Admin
    I barely prepared for the first PenTest+ beta exam and barely passed it. I didn't bother bother taking this second beta exam because I knew that I would have to study well to pass, and my head is just not into Software Systems Quality Assurance right now.

• GeekyChickGeekyChick CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Sec+, Splunk Member Posts: 322 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trojin said:
    sat already, exam was a pain. I'm afraid I won't pass at this time. But I did not prepare at all
    That's what I thought about the first Pentest+. I read over the objectives and was surprised by how many there are. Was it heavy on nmap and coding?
    JDMurray said:
    I barely prepared for the first PenTest+ beta exam and barely passed it. I didn't bother bother taking this second beta exam because I knew that I would have to study well to pass, and my head is just not into Software Systems Quality Assurance right now.

Thanks for the info! Congrats on your pass on the first beta. B)
  • trojintrojin tecnomancer IRLMember Posts: 224 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trojin said:
    That's what I thought about the first Pentest+. I read over the objectives and was surprised by how many there are. Was it heavy on nmap and coding?
    First beta was easy. This is "very" heavy on nmap, but not only. I'm sure you will be surprised few times
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

40+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arkadiusz-s/

trojin said:
    trojin said:
    First beta was easy. This is "very" heavy on nmap, but not only. I'm sure you will be surprised few times
    Oh well at least it's only $50. And I thought the first beta was hard. lol