Options

Is cissp good for me

enigmax03enigmax03 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have done 14 years of education and i think that i cant pursue for now because of some student loans . I wanted to ask that if i do the cissp now will it give me a better chance of landing an infosec job or will it be helpful to get a master’s admission or any course exemptions . Please let me know if ISC accepts any vouchers :smile:

Answers

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have not shared enough about yourself to determine if CISSP is good for you. 14 years of education in what? Do you have any real world experience or have you only been in school? The CISSP experience requirements are clearly stated on the (ISC)2 website. 

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/experience-requirements
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Without related experience in at least IT, I don't think a CISSP holds any value, you can't legally list the CISSP on your resume. While they are not gonna to toss you in jail for violating this rule, if ISC2 finds out they will pull your examination pass. 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    ...they will pull your examination pass. 

Can you point to the official (ISC)2 rule(s) that state this? This action is so serious that the (ISC)2 would warn its membership about it.
  • Options
    JDMurray said:
    ...they will pull your examination pass. 

Can you point to the official (ISC)2 rule(s) that state this? This action is so serious that the (ISC)2 would warn its membership about it.
    https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Documents/logoguidelines.ashx?la=en&hash=551969161E14C849239D62CAEE277565B3B31DE0

(ISC)²® Regulations Governing Use of Certification/Collective Marks

Only those who have demonstrated the requisite experience in information security, agree to be bound by the (ISC)² Code of Ethics, successfully passed the corresponding examination(s), and have had their experience and professionalism endorsed by an (ISC)² member are certified by (ISC)². Those who meet these standards (“Certified”) are authorized to use the appropriate Logo(s). The Logo(s) identifies those who have met the strict criteria for certification and are able to demonstrate professional judgment and abilities in information security. Use of the Logo indicates the Certified’s acceptance of the terms in the agreement executed upon applying to sit for the corresponding examination and these guidelines and that Certified has met the criteria to be a CISSP® , CISSP-ISSAP® , CISSP-ISSEP® , CISSP-ISSMP® , CAP® , CSSLP® , and/or SSCP® , and has maintained the requisite certification obligations. Use of the Logo must be discontinued immediately if Certified does not maintain their certification. 

What it doesn't specifically list penalties, I would think this would fall under these ethics  
    • Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
    • Advance and protect the profession.

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    TechGromit said:
    What it doesn't specifically list penalties, ...
    So your comment "they [the (ISC)2] will pull your examination pass" is purely your own opinion and is not from the (ISC)2 itself.

• Options
    Yep, but it's a reasonable assumption. After all if there were no penalizes for breaking the rules, then rules would be broken.   
  • Options
    FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Without related experience in at least IT, I don't think a CISSP holds any value, you can't legally list the CISSP on your resume. While they are not gonna to toss you in jail for violating this rule, if ISC2 finds out they will pull your examination pass. 
    "Legal" doesn't come into play here, as there are zero laws (neither US, nor international) that are involved here. 

You are right that you cannot put "CISSP" on your resumé, if you haven't passed the vetting process which checks for the compulsory 5 years of professional experience (4 with a BSc). And if you do put it on your resumé, ISC2 can and will revoke your "good standing" with their organisation. 

Until passing the vetting process, but after passing the exam, you can only put yourself up as "Associate of ISC2".