CISSP Exam, CANCELLED!

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited January 2022 in CISSP
I've been holding my breath the last few days that I would still be able to take my CISSP Exam tomorrow (Jan. 6th).  I've been careful, hiding in my shack in the woods working on my Manifesto, avoiding getting Covid. The proctors at the testing center haven't been quite as careful, probably attending mask less new Year eve parties with Pack crowds. Just got an email at 6:35 PM today (Jan. 5th) they are unable to deliver my exam tomorrow. Makes it sounds like they lost the test in the mail. While they didn't specifically say why they couldn't deliver it, I'm guessing the proctors are not available due to Covid.

The really sucky thing is I Need to pass this exam by Jan. 31st to renew my SANS GREM cert. I'm wondering if I can write to SANS about how my Dog ate my CISSP test and ask if they will allow me to still renew my cert if I'm a few months late on my CPE's.  

I thought about using other sources, I have a Rochester Security Summit and a Bside event I attended in the last few years, but at most that gives me 18 credits, combined with work experience that's 32, 4 short. :(

Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It sucks that your exam attempt is cancelled, but you can still earn CPEs in other ways so if that is your main concern then worry no more. Check the responses on your SANS CPEs thread.  ;)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I assumed it was covid related, appears to be a weather event. Which is strange, i live an hour East of Buffalo and no snow here today. 

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST FRIDAY...
     WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow and blowing snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches in the most persistent lake snows. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

WHERE...Northern Erie and Genesee counties.

WHEN...Until 1 AM EST Friday.

Still searching for the corner in a round room.