Options

Is it easy to jump Graphics designer to video editor?

JeetVeridaJeetVerida Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think nowadays too many openings for the video editor. I want to know, Is it easy for the designer to move on to video editing.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I think it's more difficult to be a designer than a video editor. I taught myself to do basic video editing fairly quickly using free tutorials on YouTube. The cost to become a video editor might be more of an issue for you. What video editing software is the most used in the jobs you see?
  • Options
    JeetVeridaJeetVerida Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,
    My basic video editing is done with the Canva and Wondershare Filmora. I didn't work on any real projects.
  • Options
    lmvicentelmvicente Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say it's necessarily hard -- it's just hard if you don't have a solid portfolio or some years of experience under your belt where you took care of video editing. It might also help to see if there is a specific style or type of video editing you want to do? And is it just solely video editing you are looking into? Does videography interest you? Or content creation? 
  • Options
    MefistogrMefistogr Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited January 9
    I've had a similar experience. Shifting from design to video editing wasn't too tough for me. Design skills like a keen eye for composition and color really play a big role in video editing. The tricky part is getting the hang of specific editing software and techniques. I started with user-friendly platforms. One I stumbled upon was Movavi since it was handy for me because it's straightforward and has a variety of tools, which made learning video editing a lot more manageable.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I learend to edit videos with zero design background, there are good quality tutorials out there (paid but cheap)

but yes, there is a high demand for good video editor, but you will be competing with candidates from every corner of the world
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com