Considering an offer – Cybersecurity Intelligence analyst at a financial regulator.
I am considering a job offer. It is a Fed gov agency that regulates financial institutions (in Canada). The role will be about analyzing cybersecurity threats/intelligence that are specific to financial institutions.
Some duties include:
- Dev and implement Cyber sec surveillance tools
- Operationalize a Cyber threat intelligence platform
- Provide specialty cyber risk expertise in scanning, assessing, and reporting on the Cyber threat landscape
- Triage, analyze, and provide insights on cyber threats, vulnerabilities, events and incidents.
- Identify threats to regulated institutions, industry-wide systemic risks, and technology and Cyber security trends.
The thing is that I have not worked in this type of role before and am new to the cybersecurity realm. I was told that the role would not be technical; analysis would be at the macro/economic/strategic level.
My questions are:
- Anyone with experience in a similar role? How do you like it?
- What would be a career path/progression for this role?
- Any challenges/expectations I need to be aware of?
Thanks in advance.