Blue team certifications?

UnixGuyUnixGuy Are we having fun yet?Mod Posts: 4,455 Mod
Does anyone have any experience with https://securityblue.team/ ?

I've been asked about Blue Team level 1 certifications and heard people speak highly of them, I just want to know if anyone here done them?

I love the syllabus and the fact that they're lab based, seem to be a cheaper alternative to SANS

Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube Channel!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec CISSP SSCP GSOM GSEC EnCE C|EH Cloud+ CySA+ CASP+ Linux+ PenTest+ Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,733 Admin
    I looked into these certs several years ago and they seemed to be a vehicle for selling training. I've not seen anything said much about them.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Are we having fun yet? Mod Posts: 4,455 Mod
    JDMurray said:
    I looked into these certs several years ago and they seemed to be a vehicle for selling training. I've not seen anything said much about them.

I've heard good things about them through youtube, keen to know more. The content seem really good

• chrisonechrisone Senior Member Member Posts: 2,261 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Their certs seem to be gaining traction and popularity. I have seen some job requirements "suggest" this cert as a recommendation to fufill some skill level. As mentioned it is also gaining traction amongst the twitter security realm. 

Still not a dirt cheap pathway, but a hell of a lot cheaper than SANS. 

Good luck and wish you the best on your journey. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2022 Goals:
    Certs: EnCE (cert obtained), SC-300 (cert obtained), AZ-500 (in progress), eCPTXv2
    Course: BC Security - Empire Operations 1 (completed), Zero Point Security - CRTO (course completed)
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,093 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A few years ago, the trend was focused on offensive security, as this market mature, there is now a focus on defensive/Blue Team security.  They are looking as one of the solid contender. 
  • chrisonechrisone Senior Member Member Posts: 2,261 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yup even the company "offensive security" is providing blue team focused courses/certs. 

Cloud Security: CLD-101
    Security Operations for Beginners: SOC-100
    Security Operations and Defensive Analysis: SOC-200

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2022 Goals:
    Certs: EnCE (cert obtained), SC-300 (cert obtained), AZ-500 (in progress), eCPTXv2
    Course: BC Security - Empire Operations 1 (completed), Zero Point Security - CRTO (course completed)
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Are we having fun yet? Mod Posts: 4,455 Mod
    Good points. I like eLearnsecurity and I think they have solid certs, they have a DFIR cert, was wondering if there is a good blue teaming / SOC certs that are handson and not as expensive as SANS