to move or not to move

trojintrojin tecnomancerEarth ... although some say "cosmos"Member Posts: 274 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited November 9 in IT Jobs / Degrees
What you think?

Is it good time to move to the new job when layoffs started and possible recession is coming?
I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec CISSP SSCP GSOM GSEC EnCE C|EH Cloud+ CySA+ CASP+ Linux+ PenTest+ Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,824 Admin
    It depends on your job role, the industry your company is in, and the geographical area in which you work from.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Are we having fun yet? Mod Posts: 4,485 Mod
    What JD said.

It also depends on your skill level and how confident you are in finding a new job in case you get laid off
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube Channel!

• trojintrojin tecnomancer Earth ... although some say "cosmos"Member Posts: 274 ■■■■□□□□□□
    so in short - who does not risk will never drink champagne ;)
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,155 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I changed jobs last month and my wife will accept an offer to begin a new job in January. Full steam ahead in our household regardless of the state of the world.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS2022 goal(s): CRISC, new job, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson