Options

SEC510 / GIAC Public Cloud Security (GPCS)

srothmansrothman Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone gone through the training for the GIAC Public Cloud Security (GPCS) (SEC510)?

I'm curious about your experience and if you got value form it. Whenever I see any sort of generic terms like "Public Cloud Security", I'm always skeptical that it will a) be somewhat inch-deep mile wide type training, and b) it will gravitate heavily towards a single platform (99% of the time AWS) and loosely refer concepts and ideas across the others (Azure and GCP).

Comments

• Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey there, I have done the 510 course and in my opinion it was the best overall cloud security course I did. It covered fundamental controls and how they differ across all 3 CSP's  It goes properly into how to securely configure and apply controls in all 3 environments based on the most pertinent attacks. Shoot any questions if necessary. Covers all 3 CSP's well.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took it last year this time. I thought it was a good course. It covers a lot of the vulnerabilities that exist in the default configuration of Azure, AWS, and GCP. It also covers the changes that need to be made to lock down the configs using Terraform. I liked this course more than SEC488 and SEC588. The material is pretty evenly split between the three cloud providers.
  • Options
    MedrieMedrie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @quogue
    Thanks for the insight. I’m about to take it