Options

Techs in Chicago Area

Nathan of GothTechNathan of GothTech Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I'm moving to the midwest in Sept. And looking for info about the Chicago area techs and places to work. Im a Computer Tech working on my CCNA and My wife is a Network Admin in the Air Force at Shaw AFB. We are looking for jobs and seeing whats out there.

Thanks

icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
Nathan

A+ ,Network+ ,Dell 2005 F Desktops

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it will be tough. Lucent Technologies had a big base of operations there (Naperville, IL) and laid off thousands of workers about 3 years ago. About a year before that there was the big Enron scandal that cost thousands of jobs, many of them tech related.

My brother-in-law (who is in the computer industry) was one of those layed off during the Enron fiasco. He had a hard time finding another tech job because the area was saturated with others looking for the same jobs.

However, where there is a will there is a way. Hopefully by now things have leveled off and started to rebound. I wish I could give you some help. If you were going to be on the other side of Illinois by the Mississippi (Quad Cities) I could give you a contact for possible employment on the Rock Isalnd Arsenal as a contractor.
    All things are possible, only believe.