Options

CCISO or ISSMP

PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm deciding which to take. Any advice? Is CCISO worth the paper its printed on? 
ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    edited June 2023
    I suppose that depends on how you measure "worth." One way to do that is look for recent job postings that actually mention the cert as either required, preferred, or nice to have. I do think C|CISO was the very first CISO cert, and there have been several released by other cert vendors since, so maybe being first makes C|CISO perceived as the best. However, any hiring manager who does not like EC-Council as a cert vendor will not like any "C|" cert period.
    As for the CISSP-ISSMP, this cert has been around for 20+ years and there are only 1500 people certified with it. So it's a boutique cert that's nice to collect for InfoSec managers, but never really asked for in job postings like the CISM is.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Neither to be honest, beyond CISSP/CISM, I don't see these certs adding any value. If I had to choose I'd choose CISSP-ISSMP 
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have the CCISO - Typical activities which you would expect - the one area I liked was the finance side of things to measure value/cost/ROI etc. Never seen in the other certs. Other days included Governance/PM etc - what you would usually expect a CISO to be in charge of. I liked the cert and personally if I had to decide I would do this one only because it aims to teach "CISO" type of material whereas from what I have heard the ISSMP is similar to CISM - without the reputation and market CISM has. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...