Options

GSOC done

SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
I took the SEC450 Blue Team Fundamental in January and did the associated certs this morning..  I passed with 89%.  As usual with GIAC, the practice test is very aligned with the actual exam. 

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Terrific and congratz! I'd love to do SEC450 myself one day! Looking to make a career of Blue Teaming or hoping to steer away from SecOps one day?
  • Options
    I am an IT/cybersec jack of all trade owning a MSP/VAR business. I wanted to develop more a MSSP practice and wanted to know what a SOC analyst job is. Also we are working with some outsourced SOC, and I wanted to understand more their point of view. So I took the class.. so why not add another cert on my wall :)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Owning an MSSP? Wow! There certainly are a lot of bases to cover there: Security Operations, GRC, SLA/SLO/SLI, KPI/KRI, public sector vs. private sector customers, government regulations and standards, and customer service.
    Maybe go for a niche market and only cover certain types of customers and requirements, such as small business owners who are in an industry that requires continuous monitoring and incident response, but must outsource because they are too small to have in-house teams. Sounds like a perfect chatGPT query!
    I'd suggest looking at MGT551 and GSOM next.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    We are in the SMB market where we provide for their company all IT solutions from the infrastructure to the ERP software(we do software developpment too) to manage their business. It is not a very big company, we have about 80 employees but everything is smaller in Canada
  • Options
    Whoa, then you are an MSP that also provides MSSP services. Let me know when you are hiring! ;)
  • Options
    JDMurray said:
    Whoa, then you are an MSP that also provides MSSP services. Let me know when you are hiring! ;)
     If you are fluent in French, you can have an interview :)
  • Options
    That'd be "no," but I'd love to visit Montreal. I hear the best food in Canada is there!
  • Options
    JDMurray said:
    That'd be "no," but I'd love to visit Montreal. I hear the best food in Canada is there!
    I am near Montreal, and there is definitely an European flair in Montreal or Quebec City.  There are good gastronomic food and very good local specialties like poutine (with fresh cheese curd) or Montreal style smoke meat (smoky pastrami could a nice description). If you come to Montreal, let me know. Also, dont worry if you dont speak French most touristiic place are used to English people :)