Options

Upgrade ROMMON initialized

iamattariiamattari Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
edited August 2023 in CCNP
Hi All,

I am facing mentioned below error while starting router (2800 Series). Please help.

Upgrade ROMMON initialized
PASSWORD RECOVERY FUNCTIONALITY IS DISABLED
program load complete, entry point: 0x8000f000, size: 0xcb80
boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:"
c2821 platform with 262144 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC enabled

Regards,
Tahir Munir

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    GPT-4 sez:
    boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:": This is the critical issue. The router is unable to find the IOS image to boot from on its flash memory. This could be due to a corrupt file, missing IOS image, or incorrect boot settings.

Possible solutions:
    1. Check the Flash Memory: If you can access the ROMMON prompt (rommon 1 >), you may use commands like dir flash: to see if there's a valid IOS image.

2. TFTP Boot: If you have a backup IOS image, you could potentially use TFTP to load it onto the router temporarily for it to boot up.

3. Corrupt Image: If there's a corrupt image in the flash, you might need to delete it and copy a new one using TFTP or another method.

4. Configuration Register: Make sure the configuration register is set to boot automatically. You can use the confreg command in ROMMON mode to change the configuration register settings.

5. Console Cable: Use a console cable to connect directly to the router for the above steps, providing you with more control during the troubleshooting process.

6. Professional Help: If you are not comfortable performing these tasks, it may be best to consult a network engineer or Cisco support for assistance.

Remember to exercise caution while performing any of these operations, as incorrect actions could lead to data loss or further issues.

• Options
    HeatherSalyerHeatherSalyer Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am facing the same issue, thanks for the solution, I will try it and if I still face any issue, I will update you by starting my own thread.