Options

QNAP QuTS 5.4 Speed and other Problems

TheNASUserTheNASUser Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear community,

I'm having massive problems with my QNAP TS-873A NAS under QuTS.

This is expressed as follows:
• Speed issues. Sometimes I have to wait 2-3 minutes for the web interface to load.
• The pool cleanup is set to be carried out every three months, always on the 1st of the month; yesterday it started for no apparent reason.
• The HBS3 program. The daily synchronization with my Nextcloud takes several to 12 hours a day, although only minimal changes occur in the MB range.
• The restart times under QuTS are 30 minutes, which is extremely annoying to me.

The QNAP TS-873A 02/2024 has the following specs:
• TS-873A (BIOS Q07DAR15)
• QuTS operating system 5.1.5.2647
• 64 GB RAM (2x CT2K32G4SFD832A)
• 7x Toshiba 16 TB HDD (MG08ACA16TE) in RAID 6 network opera provisioning with 10% • 2x WD Red SN700 NVMe SSD 1 TB as NVME volume for Docker, a Windows VM (GB RAM) and Emby database
• 2x WD Red SN700 NVMe SSD 1 TB (read cache and synchronous ZIL I/O write protocol)
• NVIDIA Quadro P400 (for Emby) • QuTS hero 5.1.4.2647
• UPS EATON Ellipse ECO 800

I have been in contact with QNAP support since September last year and have already tried out a few things and completed several remote sessions.

What really annoyed me is this support article: qnap.com/de-de/how-to/faq/article/boot-uprestartshutdown-takes-a-really-long-time-15-20-minutes-why-is-this

And the appropriate response from QNAP support to my query as to whether reboot times of 30 minutes are “normal”?

Answer QNAP Support: “Optimizations are planned for future versions regarding start times.”

I'm now fed up with it and am looking for an alternative and came across UGreen.
Building it yourself is out of the question for me, just like another NAS from QNAP.

I have invested well over 80 hours of time in troubleshooting and searching to resolve these issues, unfortunately without success. My patience is exhausted and I want something else now.

I liked the DXP8800Plus, which is currently available with a 40% discount and would therefore only cost $899 Link to this: bit.ly/3U1bt5b

I've looked everywhere on the internet for a solution to my problems, but unfortunately all I've come across is that there are problems with the BS QuTS.

I have now uninstalled the HBS3 program and am now using Windows Nextcloud Client for synchronization. Not a good solution, but it works.

What do you think of the UGreen NAS? There is a German Facebook group where you can discuss NAS systems, which can be found here: bit.ly/41XiXYJ
There will also be competitions there. Here you can get an answer from UGreen if you have a question about the NAS systems or can find out more about the NAS systems.