Options

CBT NUGGET

Moving on to start my MCSA tract, coming from 4 years of Xp pro experience(client), and many win OS's prior.

I have the sybex book, but getting bored of reading(after reading Sybex A+,Network+, and CCNA all in the last 2 months...). Dont mind reading, but trying to vary it day to day. How good are the CBT? How much do you get for your 199$ video pack for the 70-270? Will it overlap the book or, just fill in the blanks?

Thanks.
70-291 Next....

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally I thought the W2K series of CBTNuggets by Dan were the best things I had ever seen. I can't sit and watch videos for days on end, but what worked for me was to watch a video once (they run about 30 minutes each) just to get the general information, and then if it seemed to cover note-worthy stuff, I would watch the same video a second time while pausing it occasionally to take notes. If the video didn't really cover any new ground or explain something in a way that increased my understanding, I would simply chalk it up to a review and go to the next one. I am currently doing that with the Sec+ CBTNuggets.

Mixing the video lecture/chalkboard kind of training with hands-on and books can really help you to retain more information than just reading it. I'm not sure if you get any "new" information than a good sized book, but the presentation style vs. the reading is a nice contrast and gives you some variety in your studies to help avoid burn out.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    I think the CBT Nuggets are helpful. Todd Logan did an exceptional job with the 70-270 Nugget - covered a LOT of material and kept it interesting.

Obviously, nobody should rely on them alone - but they are useful as a jumpstart or for review.

Broadband learning... :)