Options

ISSAP Study Material

srothmansrothman Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
After passing my CISSP a few weeks ago, my employer is willing to pay for one of the (former) concentrations, and I figured ISSAP makes the most sense and looking to jump on it while still somewhat in the exam taking zone. Having had a look at the study material, it seems really out of date, with the 2nd edition of the OSG published a mere 11 years ago... I might be underestimating the difficulty of the exam, but it seems to be the same relevant scope as the CISSP just way deeper.

I figured working through the recommended reading material and taking it from there, but has anyone else recently prepared for the exam and can share some material they've used?

The online self study at the low-low price of €2500- is not an option.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Done quite a bit of research on this one. Options seem to be:

1. Look at the ISC2 for the self paced training as they have a new digital workbook aligned to the domains. 
    2. I know people who have literally read the ISC2 CISSP CBK or the Shona Harris all in one and passed.

ISSAP seems to be 85% of pretty much CISSP and CCSP, and not really an architecture course even though they claim it to be. People who actually work in security architecture will know what I mean. 

Anyhow, hope this helps. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...