Options

Security+ SY0-601 exam retiring

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
For those who may not be aware:
  • On July 31, 2024, CompTIA will retire the Security+ SY0-601 English language exam. 
  • The new CompTIA Security+ SY0-701 exam was launched on November 7, 2023.
  • Any vouchers purchased for Security+ SY0-601 that have not yet expired may be used for the new Security+ SY0-701.
More information on CompTIA's Security+ page.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited April 17
    I'm still rocking my SY0-401
     :D:D

Its actually coming up for renewal fairly soon.... i wonder if its even worth the $150 to renew it.

• Options
    Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 197 ■■■□□□□□□□
    volfkhat said:

Its actually coming up for renewal fairly soon.... i wonder if its even worth the $150 to renew it.

I would recommend renewing it.  I thought the same thing a few years ago and didn't bother renewing my Net+ and Security+ and now for my job and future jobs I was applying to they actually want those certs and for them to be current. A lot cheaper to renew then to have to invest a lot money into study materials and pay over $300 to take the test because you let certs expire.

... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Moon Child said:

I would recommend renewing it.  I thought the same thing a few years ago and didn't bother renewing my Net+ and Security+ and now for my job and future jobs I was applying to they actually want those certs and for them to be current. A lot cheaper to renew then to have to invest a lot money into study materials and pay over $300 to take the test because you let certs expire.

Yeah... you have a point.
    for $150... i guess i might as well do it (one last time).

But the Sec+ is a intro-level cert... and i already have higher level certs.

But who knows.... if i got canned next week... i'd probably still rather have it lol

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    volfkhat said:

I'm still rockin' the SY0-101 I took in Jan 2004. :>