Passed DataSys+ (DS0-001)

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,074 Admin
I just passed the CompTIA DataSys+ (DS0-001) exam with an unimpressive score of 763. Given 80 exam items to complete in 90 minutes, I finished at a relaxed pace of a little under an hour. This is one of the few CompTIA exams that I've not taken as a beta. I needed it for possible teaching opportunities, and I already teach an undergraduate course on databases and data analytics, so I needed this cert for profit rather than for fun.

DataSys+ examines a certification candidate's knowledge of the fundamentals of designing and maintaining relational databases, servers, and data assets--and it certainly does all that in detail. I used the official CompTIA CertMaster Learn and CertMaster Labs for DataSys+ materials to prep for the exam. I expected the exam to be very similar in form and content to the material in CertMaster, including the style of the exam items and PBQs. However, this is not the case. Probably my biggest stumbling block was the need to know technical details about Microsoft SQL Server, Windows, and Linux that are not apparent by reading the DataSys+ objectives alone. My assumption was that DataSys+ is vendor-neutral, but apparently it isn't entirely so. Something to consider for others prepping for this exam.

Tagged: