Attention Military and DoD Personnel

flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Alright stand at ease gents.
I don't know how many of you guys are military or DoD personnel, but for those who are here's a site I've been going to for years:

https://www.marinenet.usmc.mil

I've been using it for courses on things like rifle maintenance, urban warfare training, etc. But this morning I was on the site and noticed there's a Computer/IT section. Within this section are classes for Cisco, Microsoft, Linux/Unix, etc.

I browsed through the CCNA classes and they seem semi in depth and pretty much follow the Sybex book I'm using right now. The thing I like about this is that the classes are in slideshow format with easy to understand animated diagrams that act out what you're reading. Some classes are narrated as well and explain to you what you're reading as you read it. (As we'd say in the Corps, this site breaks it down barney style)

These classes probably aren't enough by themselves to prepare for the CCNA. But it is another resource that is way more exciting than sitting with your face in a book for endless hours at a time. Plus it's FREE!!!

To create a profile you have to submit your name, birthday and SSN. Your credentials will be checked to verify your military or DoD status and then you'll receive a password.
Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.

Comments

• moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What's wrong with the world, mama
    People livin' like they ain't got no mamas
    I think the whole world addicted to the drama
    Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma
    Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
    But we still got terrorists here livin'
    In the USA, the big CIA
    The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK

People killin', people dyin'
    Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
    Can you practice what you preach
    And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
    Send us some guidance from above
    'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
    Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)
    Where is the love (The love)
    Where is the love
    The love, the love
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Sweet! I'm in....there's a lot more than just CCNA stuff as well.....great resource! icon_cool.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....