Options

Cendyne CD Burner

itwannabeitwannabe Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
OK..Need some help...I've been running a Cendyne burner for about a year now w/out any problems....I frequently switch off between Roxio and Stomp burner programs, running WinXP Pro OS.

Now out of the blue, Stomp doesn't recognize my cendyne as a burner..Only as a CD ROM...It sees the secondary, older, slower burner I have as CD-RW. So, since stomp and roxio aren't compatible on the same system, I uninstalled Stomp and reloaded Roxio. Still no luck.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled and still only sees it as a CD Rom....I've had it just under a year and as far as I can tell, there are no updates / driver releases for my burner...Any Ideas or is it just shot....??? I even used a 'optical lense cleaner' just for shits and grins...nothing icon_redface.gif
Certify this!!!

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Possibly the driver for the Cendyne CD-RW is corrupted. Haven't seen that problem since wayyy back and my Memorex CD-RW, but is a possibility - I wouldn't think so with XP Pro though.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    How does XP see the writer? Can you drag files to it and burn them? If so, it isn't the driver. If XP also recognizes it as a plain CD-ROM drive, a way to check if there's something wrong with it would be to hook it up in another machine and try it their.
  • Options
    jrowejrowe Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what does device manager say about the drive ?
  • Options
    itwannabeitwannabe Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roxio keys still showing in the registry files..since I'm using a different burner program, deleted the registry entries and also deleted the upper and lower filters...uninstalled again, allowed it to go thru PNP and all is well...As always, thanks for the input
    Certify this!!!