Options

Simulation question

cw295cw295 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Getting ready for 70-290. Are the simulations set to where you can only a perform a task only one way. Example: Accessing "computer management" I am used to accessing "computer management" by right clicking my computer and left clicking on manage vs. going through the control panel, administrative tools, computer management. I appreciate any feedback.
cw295

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I can't speak for the 290 exam, but I can speak on relative sim experience from 293 and 294. You pretty much can go any way you want to, as long as it is not off the beaten path to the intent of the sim.

Sometimes though, with any sim on a test, some ways to get to things are forgotten or even deliberately blocked, so you have to choose another way. Be sure to know the text book way of getting to things in case the shortcuts don't work.

Case in point, on an old Netware exam, I had to move a leaf object (I think it was a user) from one container to another. In real world, you can drag and drop, but the test sim told me that was not available, try another way. Had to use the menu MOVE command. This could happen in an MS sim as well.

But try the shortcut. If it doesn't work, then go the other way. You should have plenty of time for the test if you have a good handle on your stuff.
  • Options
    JLLJLL Inactive Imported Users Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not positively sure about Computer Management, but I was able to access the Active Directory Users and Computers tool through START-> PROGRAMS-> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS and through Control Panel.

JLuna
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I had a simliar problem in a MS exam. I needed to run DCPROMO. I normall use start, run, type in cmd and hit enter. Then type dcpromo. I use this method so I can check switches with the /? option from the dos prompt(for other cmd line apps). In my exam they disabled the cmd prompt option so running cmd or command or even selecting a dos prompt would not work. I had to click start, run and just type in dcpromo.

I know this sounds simple, but issues like the above can be confusing/stressfull in an exam enviroment. I probably wasted 2-3 minutes trying to work out another way to run dcpromo until some logic kicked in.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    At least they didn't require you to go through Configure Your Server!