How to Review?!?!

homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
I just finished reading the Sybex book. 3 weeks 'till exam day. What are some review methods you guys use?

Comments

• kplabkplab Member Posts: 101
    Do some practice questions and lab simulations. Here are somes sites providing free practice questions:

www.techexams.net
    www.celticrover.com
    www.mcmcse.com
    www.free-tests.com
    KPLAB
    www.kp-lab.com - Free CCNA, CCNP, and Network+ Study Guides
  • flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Homer,
    You and me are in the same boat. I finished the Sybex book yesterday and I want to test on Jul 29. I usually have access to Cisco equipment everyday at work, but I'm doing this predeployment combat training this month and only have access to cisco gear on the weekends, so here's the schedule I plan on following:
    Mon 11 - Fri 14: Hardcore review review (said review twice on purpose) of chapters 2-6 (one per day)
    Sat 15 - Sun 16: Do ALL the labs in the sybex book as many times as I can in the 8 hours I'm allowed to be at work on weekends before they "secure" the building.
    Mon 17 - Fri 21: Hardcore review review of chapters 7-11 (one per day)
    Sat 22 - Sun 23: Do ALL the labs in the sybex book as many times as I can in the 8 hours I'm allowed to be at work before they "secure" the building.
    Mon 24 - Fri 28: Last minute review of anything I'm still having problems with, doing as many practice tests as I can get my hands on.
    Sat 29: CCNA EXAM!!!

Now, two side notes: first, I just jinxed myself because everyone on this forum who says when they're taking the test fails, everyone who doesn't passes first try :) . Second, how far in advance do you need to sign up with Pearson or Vue to take the test? I don't want to sign up early and not be ready, I also don't want to sign up late and have to push back my dates.
    Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Test centers generally need 24 hours to schedule a test or to change a schedule. You can schedule in advance, and change it 24-48 hours before test time. I believe this excludes weekends and holidays though.

You should do well with your schedule of studying. When you do your labs, try to not use the router helps as much as possible, so that you memorize the commands. You won't have time to hunt for commands on a sim at test time, and you won't have that luxury at all on a form question.