Options

Kean Inc., your sense of this employer

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Has anyone worked or heard of Kean Inc ? They're an IT consulting firr, seems like an outsourcing company. I've found a referral to the company, but want to know if anyone would know about it it terms of pay, advancement and general employment environment.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    they are pretty global.. they do some outsourcing of things that "can" be.. pay all depends on yout position as with any staffing firm.. but thats another story explaining how staffing companies make money icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    but thats another story explaining how staffing companies make money

I know outsourcing is like a middleman and we sometimes only wish to directly work for the 'client'. Ummm I have a felling when you work for an outsourced company, you are almost guaranteed to get a lower pay icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    binarysoul,
    Not necessarily. It really depends on how well you sell yourself to them, and how well they can sell you to their customers.

Not sure what this position is requesting, but if travel is involved, you normally will make a bit more than someone that goes into the same 9-5 job at the same company every day (plus you may get to earn Mariott/Hilton points or Airline miles personally).

What is nice about outsourced or consulting roles (if you don't mind having to sell yourself and abilities at every client) is the ability to reference the clients as well on your resume (in addition to the staffing agency) and moving between contracts or customers every six months may not be uncommon, allowing for a lot of experience in a reletively short period of time.

Take Care,
    Rcoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+