Options

crapping bricks here...

Wow, so for my studying I have career academy videos, transcender tests, and ExamCram2.
I have been studying pretty well I guess but Im still pretty nervous and dont feel as confident as I feel I should.
I still sometimes have problems with permissions and IIS and little of printer spooling... I mean I guess Ill do ok but this is kicking my butt psychologically. icon_eek.gif

With added pressure from the fact that I have to take 2-3 hours off work to take the exam with my company paying for it. YIKES!!!

Grey hairs already! ha ha icon_lol.gif

Cess.
A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck! If you scored well on the Transcender tests you'll likely do well on the real exam as well.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I hear you. I did not expect to pass 293, but ended up with an 892!
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    Good luck. Get a good night sleep the night before the exam.

Being nervous is normal I think. I'm a nervous wreck the night before taking an exam and I've taken a lot of exams. My point is that I should be used to these things by now but I guess the anxiety is always there for me much like it's there for you right now.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Welp,
    My test is tomorrow (friday) at 12pm.
    So far for the transcender exams I am scoring 900,933,911 on the three exams. I am feeling more confident.
    Tonight I will be going over questions I didnt get right on transcender and also the TechNotes from this website as well as a little bit more of exam cram2.
    My focuses on IIS, permissions, and backups.
    I will keep you updated on my passing score :P ha ha.
    Wish me luck!!!
  • Options
    xcanucxcanuc Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck buddy. Let us know how good you did.
    Steve
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! :D

Pre-test jitters eventually get less severe -- it took me about 15 exams. Try and relax (if you can) and get plenty of rest tonight (if you can). Make sure you allow plenty of extra travel time to the test center so that you have one less thing to worry about.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    I'm having those jitters too right now for the CCNA. My loved ones know I'm studying for the exam and they ask me when are you taking it, etc? I don't tell them anymore because having them knowing when I was taking an exam and asking me about it all the time added anxiety and pressure to taking an exam. So, now that I have taken a number of exams I just do it secretively and don't tell anybody. Maybe this is weird, but this way if I fail I don't dissapoint those who want to see me do so well. I don't care so much If I fail anymore because I try not to put any pressure or weight on myself; it's just outside pressure that I hate. After all, a test is just a test, not real life.

Since your work is paying for it, I see how that makes a normally stressful situation into a burden because your work expects you to pass and you naturally feel the pressure and do not want to dissapoint. However, I think that if you fail, which it looks like you won't because your practice scores are so high, just tell them the exam got rescheduled, whatever and pay for it yourself and take it again.

I hope this advice takes away some of the pressure and I look forward to congratulating you.
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    leaving in 2 hours for the test. HA HA! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif can ya tell tham im a little on edge trying to play it off like im calm and cool. ha
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    frankj1247 wrote:
    I don't tell them anymore because having them knowing when I was taking an exam and asking me about it all the time added anxiety and pressure to taking an exam. So, now that I have taken a number of exams I just do it secretively and don't tell anybody. Maybe this is weird, but this way if I fail I don't dissapoint those who want to see me do so well.

I am the same way...my Wife knows when I am taking an exam since it is written on our calendar, but I don't tell them at work or anyone else...the less people that know, the less added pressure I have. I'm already nervous enough going in, I don't need the thought of telling all these other people if I don't pass...when I do pass, I tell everyone!!!

My company will pay for an exam that I paid for myself and pass...although they are dragging their feet very badly on my Network+...I need to go talk to someone about that! icon_mad.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"