Options

Network boot disk

Ok, Watching my CBT nugget, and it is mentioning network boot disk. Trying to google around for it, but i get alot of "copy these files to a cd", I assume there must be files on my computer or some command to make this.

Kinda feel like i missed something since the video is staying "I should know how to make it, but only says, go use it."

Also, unattended answer files, if I had a fresh computer, could I throw in a xp made boot disk to get to a dos prompt, then use a winnt /uicon_sad.gifanswer file location) and let it run?

Any more information on this?
70-291 Next....

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A few ways:
    1. Format a floppy disk and check the box that says "Create an MSDOS startup disk".
    2. The way you mentioned, manually copying files.
    3. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305595
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Also, unattended answer files, if I had a fresh computer, could I throw in a xp made boot disk to get to a dos prompt, then use a winnt /uicon_sad.gifanswer file location) and let it run?

Yes. (You may need network card drivers if it's on a remote computer).
    Or if you have the XP CD you can save the answer file to a floppy, name it winnt.cif, and boot to the CD. It will automatically detect the answer file on the floppy.
  • Options
    I apologize, I just now noticed you asked about a "network" boot disk. Real sorry about that... Best bet is to check here: http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/
  • Options
    wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    sprkymrk wrote:

Yes. (You may need network card drivers if it's on a remote computer).
    Or if you have the XP CD you can save the answer file to a floppy, name it winnt.cif, and boot to the CD. It will automatically detect the answer file on the floppy.

Thanks Spy, like 4 minutes after I posted this he answered that question. He said winnt.sif though. Im beginning to like these videos, Im going to try my hand at the answer files later on.

Also, about domains and things, when we you begin to learn about AD and domains and all that jazz? Im assuming its beyond 70-270.
    70-291 Next....