Options

Passed 70-218 - Now onto 70-216

carebearcarebear Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the 70-218 last Friday. Worst experience in my life. Come down with the flu night before. Anyway, I got it and that's all that matters. It is now time to start preparing for the 70-216. I'd like to write that one by the middle of September. Can anyone give me any tips on preparing for this one. I realize this one is referred to as the beast. Is anyone familiar with the NT certs when they were still available. Does this one compare to the Enterprise exam at all? Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated. icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How do you mean compare to the Enterprise exam?

If you mean in similiar material. not even close. 216 is more comparable to the TCP/IP exam.

If you mean in difficulty. I haven't taken 216 yet, but I thought Windows2000 server was harder then NT Enterprise and most people consider 216 to be harder then 215.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    carebear wrote:
    I realize this one is referred to as the beast. Is anyone familiar with the NT certs when they were still available. Does this one compare to the Enterprise exam at all?

yep, I took the NT 4 track also. It's not comparable to the Enterprise exam, that one was difficult for other reasons. Also, as you noticed with the 70-218 exam, the questions are now longer and even less straight-forward. The 70-216 exam is mainly difficult because it goes in to detail. You should have a great advantage having experience with WINS and DNS, it will be more obvious to see the 'extras' in Windows 2000, and that's what most questions are about (dynamic DNS, authorizing DHCP, integrating in ADS, etc.).
    Can anyone give me any tips on preparing for this one.
    - Don't let the nickname scare you, those with networking experience don't consider it to be that hard.
    - Take your time to get familiar with the corresponding administrative tools, menu options, check boxes, dialog boxes, tabs etc. In other words practice in a lab.
    - Read these docs for sure: www.techexams.net/phplinks/index.php?PID=103
    - take a lot of practice exams to cover (memorize) all those little details.
    - Enjoy preparing for it ;)

Good luck!
  • Options
    carebearcarebear Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    carebear wrote:
    I realize this one is referred to as the beast. Is anyone familiar with the NT certs when they were still available. Does this one compare to the Enterprise exam at all?

yep, I took the NT 4 track also. It's not comparable to the Enterprise exam, that one was difficult for other reasons. Also, as you noticed with the 70-218 exam, the questions are now longer and even less straight-forward. The 70-216 exam is mainly difficult because it goes in to detail. You should have a great advantage having experience with WINS and DNS, it will be more obvious to see the 'extras' in Windows 2000, and that's what most questions are about (dynamic DNS, authorizing DHCP, integrating in ADS, etc.).
    Can anyone give me any tips on preparing for this one.
    - Don't let the nickname scare you, those with networking experience don't consider it to be that hard.
    - Take your time to get familiar with the corresponding administrative tools, menu options, check boxes, dialog boxes, tabs etc. In other words practice in a lab.
    - Read these docs for sure: www.techexams.net/phplinks/index.php?PID=103
    - take a lot of practice exams to cover (memorize) all those little details.
    - Enjoy preparing for it ;)

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. I will use them wisely. If this cert covers an understanding of TCP/IP, I am very strong in that field. Like you said, with an NT background, you have to understand TCP/IP. Thanks again! :D