Options

Prometric exam end Prematurely

I've searched for similar events in the forums but can't find any matches. Has anyone encountered a Prometric exam (in particular MS exams) that starts with the full time available but about 5 or 10 minutes the exam says something like, "Fail: you're out of time"?

I had this happen on one of my MCDST exams. I was up to question 11 and bang, a warning says % minutes remaining. I clicked OK and then the PC said I failed as time had run out. A second test, the test centre said they were experiencing the same on another candidate and told me not to bother turning up.

This occurred at the same test centre on 2 MS (Prometric) exams. Needless to say, I was able to resit both exams without using my Second Shot or paying additional fees. At this stage, I won't be using this test centre again.

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I have not had that happen before (Heard it happen to someone else though).

Actually my first test experience ever was for the CCNA 6 years ago. I failed the exam by 7 points (1 question worth in points).

With that said.... There were a few questions (at least 3) where I was unable to see all the selections for answers... It appeared to me to be some kind of problem with the screen resolution. I got up during the middle of my test and told someone at the test center and they said there was nothing they could do about it.

Anyway, I refused to go to that testing center again and I guess 3 or 4 years ago they actually shut down.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I've had the screens freeze for up to a minute or two between questions, and once at question 6 (on 293 I think it was) the test proceeded to shut down. Immediately though it restarted and took me right where I left off. Got a good score on that test too.

I've also had situations where the test did not fill the whole screen thus leaving part of the question/answer unviewable. I was able to fix that by Ctrl-Alt-Del, get the message that that is not allowed, then everything is normal again.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Danman32 wrote:
    I've had the screens freeze for up to a minute or two between questions, and once at question 6 (on 293 I think it was) the test proceeded to shut down.

On my 70-270, I clicked for the next question and it hung for at least 2 minutes. After the first 15 seconds, I raised my hand. By the time the lady got there the next question came up.

When I had my test time out on me (my original post), the centre filed a site report which Prometric need to give you a refund or free reschedule. If anyone ever has things go wrong, ask the test centre for a site report.

I think some test centres are better than others. The one I've been using lately is a little cramped but they rarely have more than one student at a time. I can always get a booking in. One other test centre forgot to "crimp" my result sheet. I didn't realise until I got home. Prometric siad it shouldn't matter.