Options

Difficulty rating

jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
I was wondering just how you would rate the 70-271 and 272 exams as compared to 70-270, 290, or 291?

I am planning to take 291 within the next 3-4 weeks. I also have vouchers that expire on Spetember 30th and was wondering if anyone thought it was conceivable to study for 271 & 272 in a month and a half? :o

I'd hate to see the vouchers go to waste, and since I can use them for any Microsoft exam, I thought about shooting for MCDST after I pass 291 for my MCSA.

Thanks in advance for any input you have on this one...I don't want to sound like I am down-playing the importance of the exam by thinking I can do it in 3 weeks (for each one), but I am just curious... icon_wink.gif
Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"

Comments

• Options
    voxicvoxic Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Difficulty is extremely relative. I think if you already have your MCSA, then you will pass MCDST with flying colors and minimal studying. Do you have experience troubleshooting users? You could probably get a 700 or higher based on your current experience and pass with some studying for a few weeks. Get the Transcender practice exams if you can, I found them very helpful.
  • Options
    rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    jpeezy55 wrote:
    I am planning to take 291 within the next 3-4 weeks. I also have vouchers that expire on Spetember 30th and was wondering if anyone thought it was conceivable to study for 271 & 272 in a month and a half? :o

I'd hate to see the vouchers go to waste, and since I can use them for any Microsoft exam, I thought about shooting for MCDST after I pass 291 for my MCSA.

Yes, it is definitely conceivable to study and pass 271 & 272 in a month and a half, especially since you've taken 270 already. But do use that time to study the objectives of the MCDST exams, and don't rely on your 270 knowledge and experience alone without comparing that against the exams' objectives.

Remember, you never need to let vouchers go to waste... if you end up running out of time, put them up on eBay (or even better here) and make a bit of cash on them for someone who IS ready.

Take Care,
    Rcoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+