Options

FR and VTP q

aleksfaleksf Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, folks!

Just curious if it is possible to implement any kind of alternative to frame-relay route command to route between DLCI's.

What is the difference between VTP v1 and v2 transparent mode?
Predator#show ver
Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-JS-M), Version 12.4(3), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Comments

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    aleksf wrote:
    Just curious if it is possible to implement any kind of alternative to frame-relay route command to route between DLCI's.
    I don't understand this question. Can you give an example?
    aleksf wrote:
    What is the difference between VTP v1 and v2 transparent mode?
    VTPv1 transparent mode won't pass on VTP advertisements while VTPv2 transparent mode will.
  • Options
    aleksfaleksf Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry. Going to state it alit bit differently.

Is the frame relay route only available command to route between DLCI's in a Hub-and-Spoke topology?

When i execute sh frame route i get the DLCI switching table as it was produced using the frame-rel route command. Is there any way for a FR switch to produce a similar table dynamically?
    Predator#show ver
    Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-JS-M), Version 12.4(3), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
  • Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    If I understand you, instead of PVCs you want to use SVCs. You would then use frame-relay svc, but SVCs are different than PVCs and are really not used in the real world. I don't think you are going to find much documentation on SVCs.
  • Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    aleksf,

Inverse-Arp is enabled by default. The command is

frame-relay interface-dlci <dlci #>

Now why would anyone want to send unnecessary packets across WAN ($$) links?

Isn't frame-relay route a frame relay switch command? You use frame-relay map to map your DLCIs to your next hop protocol addresses.

This should give you a little more info.
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/wan_c/wcdfrely.htm