Options

MCSE Track:has the requirements changed? [no]

DAMINGOKIDDAMINGOKID Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the MCSE track changed recently. I did not remember there being so many exams. I was thinking that after I MCSA that there was only 2 more.

Ex: The link above shows 7 exams.

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is in fact 7 exams.

For 2003:

210 or 270
    297 or 298
    Elective

+ another elective for a specialization (Messaging/Security).
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's been 7 exams since MCSE 2000
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    The only thing that has really changed is the content of the exam...They've added more involved sims to make sure you know how to do the tasks instead of just picking A, B, C, or D for everything...

Maybe someone can verify this for me, it was last year, June 2005 that they changed the 70-290 and up exams, correct? icon_confused.gif

Other than that, the amount has not changed.
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    DAMINGOKID wrote:
    I was thinking that after I MCSA that there was only 2 more.
    Your A+&Net+ (or MCDST) is valid as an MCSA elective, but not as an MCSE elective. So for those who used Security+ as an elective for the MCSA exam (or are MCSA 2000), it is 3 exams, for others it's 4.

MCSA: 70-270+290+291+elective = 4 exams

MCSE: 70-270+290+291+293+294+design(297or29icon_cool.gif+elective = 7 exams

BUT, if the MCSA elective is not valid as an MCSE elective (i.e. A+&Net+ or MCDST) than your MCSA is good for only 3 MCSE exams (270+290+291), hence you will need 4 exams after MCSA to become MCSE. The 293,294, a design exam (297or29icon_cool.gif and one elective (security+ or one of the many MS electives such as Exchange or SQL server).

(70270 can be replaced with 70210 in the above examples)
  • Options
    DAMINGOKIDDAMINGOKID Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!! Your info has been valuable. I see that it's time to get down to the nitty gritty. So starting now I will be saddling up and riding out. First stop 70-290.

"Anything easy is not worth having"
    Dakid